JOHN KENNETH LONG R.B.A. (1924 – 2006) (known as Kenneth Long)
Oil Painting on Canvas.
12” x 12” (305mm x 305mm). Overall framed size 15 ¼” x 15 ¼” (388mm x 388mm).
Signed on the backing board
Presented in its original aluminium frame
Provenance: Exhibited at the Mercury Gallery, Cork Street, London. No. 5 10.8.1972
where purchased by D.G. Fawcett Esq. Bears original exhibition label IMAGE
John Kenneth Long, known as Kenneth, was a painter, sculptor in terracotta and a teacher. He was born in Liverpool and studied at the Manchester School of Art where his teachers included Ian Grant. In 1955 he won the competition “Industrial Britain” sponsored by Richard Thomas and Baldwins Ltd and his winning painting was reproduced in the “Studio” Magazine two years later. In that year he also had his first solo exhibition at the University of Nottingham. His work was exhibited at the Royal Academy, the Royal Institute of Oil Painters, the Royal Society of British Artists, the New English Art Club and in the provinces. Work in public collections include Nottingham Castle Museum, the Cooper Gallery Barnsley, Herbert Art Gallery and Museum Coventry, Goldsmiths University of London and the University of Warwick.